Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£55000 - £60000 per annum
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in an exclusive partnership with a high-growth global manufacturing business in Wolverhampton, who are looking for an Financial Reporting Analyst. The finance function within this business is going through an exciting period of growth, with a number of opportunities arising within a number of business units within the group.
There is excellent career potential in this role, with the opportunity to step up into a more senior position in the next 2 years, as well as opportunities at an international level, if this is of interest.
You will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid fashion, with at least 2 days a week from home. Salary for the position is up to £70K, plus package.
The role would be a fantastic fit for a qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) accountant, with strong FP&A and management accountant skills, who has ideally worked within either a manufacturing or engineering environment.
You will provide accurate and timely management information to support key stakeholders within the business to facilitate decision making and contribute to achievement of business goals and objectives.
You will have a curious mindset, have the confidence to constantly review and challenge data and have the ability to identify risks and opportunities in current processes.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Analyst position:
- Consolidation and reporting/analysis of the organisation's financials.
- Oversight of reporting to the corporate office.
- Oversight of management accounting practices, providing data and management reporting to the business.
- Collaborate with the Financial Planning & Analysis and Financial Systems teams to leverage information systems to deliver best in class management reporting.
- Drive process excellence across all aspects of the team, including reviewing how processes can be centralised/automated.
- Drive a culture of zero turn back and accounting control escapes.
- Build, coach and develop a high performing finance team.
The following experience is required for this Financial Reporting Analyst position:
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified
- Strong and proven FP&A skills within a Manufacturing or Engineering environment
- Experience in lean/continuous improvement techniques in an office environment, strong bias for driving change and process excellence.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in complex situations to aid decision making.
- Proven technical accounting track record.
- Understanding of the operational processes in a manufacturing business and how they impact the financials across the income statement and balance sheet.
- Experience working across multiple geographies including an appreciation for cultural diversity.
- Self-starter with a 'can do' attitude and a curious mind.
- Good awareness of finance systems and automation including specifically SAP and Excel.