Financial Reporting Accountant - Central Birmingham - 40 - 50k + Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a service provider who are based within walking distance of Snow Hill Station, with the recruitment of a Financial Reporting Accountant. The role is needed to support their continued growth and accounting, reporting, treasury and audit requirements for the business and clients.
The company offer a laid back open plan office, where the leadership team are sat amongst the team and an open door culture where everyone is approachable, regardless of seniority. Being based in Central Birmingham, the team are extremely social and regular enjoy team nights out, lunches and other social events.
The role is an excellent opportunity for a technically minded Accountant who is either looking to make a first move into Industry from practice or has previous experience in a technical role and looking for a new challenge. The role is offering lots of variety which will keep even the most ambitious individual busy with lots of opportunities to implement new procedures, improve current processes and take on a variety of projects.
Financial Reporting Accountant in Central Birmingham responsibilities include:
- Preparing quarterly management accounts to a variety of clients
- Developing a clear understanding of client reporting requirements, and providing valuable insight into current performance
- Maintenance of accounting records ensuring accuracy and completeness of data
- Prepare draft annual financial statements in accordance with UK, US, Canadian GAAP
- Liaise with auditors and tax advisors to ensure the delivery of completed client lists and competition of audit and tax engagements
- Work with and provide support to the Treasury team as and when required, including performing bank recs, cash management reports and liquidity monitoring.
The right person for this role will be ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified with previous experience working in a fast paced client driven finance function or making a first move into Industry from practice. With a wealth of experience and a team of about 20 in Finance, there will be lots of training and support on offer to any new starters.
Financial Reporting Accountant in Central Birmingham package:
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Up to 10% matched Pension
- Private Medical