Bonus, Pension, Flexi bens
about 2 months ago
This is a newly formed role and has been recognised by the Senior Leadership Team as essential to take our business forward, this hire has the full support of the Board. The business produces in excess of two hundred thousand invoices a year, servicing nineteen thousand customer accounts with very little FP&A structure in place. For the right individual this is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference.
The FP&A Manager is to support the business in delivering the next phase of growth. This will require a rigorous, data-driven approach to reporting, financial planning, performance monitoring and strategic decision making.
The individual should be a Qualified Accountant with solid experience in FP&A and with strong analytical and financial modelling skills. You will have the ability to interrogate business and economic models and understand the key drivers of performance and value creation.
You will need a positive outlook when it comes to problem solving as well as can-do attitude. Due to the nature of the work, there are times that deadlines can be quite tight, you will need to be comfortable in this environment and able to remain focussed when working to these.
- Responsible for the annual budgeting process, supported by others within the Finance Team
- Design and continually develop a weekly balanced score card & KPIs
- Consistent and reliable financial forecasting, including but not limited to P&L, Cashflow, Capex
- Month end analytical reviews to assist with accuracy of month end reporting
- Develop and maintain a pricing model to be used by the Sales and Tenders' team to drive consistency, clarity and governance.
- Support the preparation of business cases across all areas of the business
- Aid Senior Leadership Team (SLT) with in-depth analysis to support decision making, challenging SLT where appropriate
- Management and development of two direct reports
- Assist with due diligence on acquisitions
- Key stakeholder in defining and developing business data strategy, system development and BI reporting
- Responsible for collating monthly sales commission to be used by payroll
- Develop real time reporting from new time attendance/payroll system
- Play lead role in continuous improvement, with ongoing appraisal and re-evaluation of financial reports systems to efficiently achieve your objectives
- Commercial Analysis: Pricing strategies and sensitivities, customer profitability and spending patterns,
- Oversight of marketing investment and promotional effectiveness, sales pipeline challenge
- Project management - both leading and supporting projects, aligned to development areas within business unit and wider group
- Business partnering key stakeholders to develop relationships, support decision making and operational growth and efficiency through the organisation
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to use these to influence and align senior stakeholders
- Three years' plus experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, including month end reporting, budgeting, forecasting and modelling
- Must have experience of working with large data sets across multiple systems
- Excellent MS Excel skills are essential as is knowledge of Power BI or similar business analytic tools
- Experience of working closely with senior teams or company management, demonstrating the ability to positively influence outcomes
- Track record of taking ownership for projects and driving these to a successful conclusion
- Ability to prepare compelling, high quality presentations for senior leadership and board level use
- Problem solving nature
- Enthusiasm, Passion, curiosity, continuous improvement
- Takes ownership of tasks
- Attention to detail
- Foster Teamwork
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, who can work under own direction and with a high degree of initiative