£275 - £350.00 per day
4 months ago
Based near to Reading this is a short to medium term Financial Planning and Analyst
Responsible for providing support in the preparation and submission of Financial Annual Operating Plan specifically through:
- Management and preparation of Balance sheet and Cash flow
- Provision of insightful cause of change analysis for above with clear recommendations to maximise cash flow.
- Work directly with Regional Financial Services Manager to understand cash flow reporting parameters and best practice forecasting.
- Provide accurate Business Unit, Region and Sector deliverable in a timely manner and according to required time lines.
Provide support to Finance Manager on the wider Financial Planning & Analysis agenda, specifically through:
- Support day to day business navigation through ownership of respective Balance sheet and Cash Flow statements to include clear communication of key drivers behind variances vs. Plan.
- Develop and improve planning tools to ensure best practise planning and Franchise processes, specifically in relation to Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements.
Lead the month end close process, specifically through:
- Preparing monthly franchise results reconciliation and control pack
- Work directly with relevant departments to ensure accurate bookings and timely query analysis
- Owning regional reporting processes, by working closely with teams to ensure timely and accurate year end close
- Balance Sheet and Cash flow reporting and variance explanations to Business Unit and Region.
- Provide Key financial investment support to Commercial teams, specifically through:
- Support the Marketing Team to manage budgets in an effective and efficient manner. Provide insight analysis to the
- Finance Manager and wider leadership team. Provide analysis for the Quarterly reviews.
What I'm looking for:
- Full or part qualified accountant - ACA / CIMA
- FMCG / retail business (franchise) experience highly desirable
- Excellent communicator, capable of influencing and presenting to a range of external / internal stakeholders
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience within a Financial Reporting role
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills