Pharmaceuticals - Thames Valley, England
Salary: GBP £90,000 - GBP £110,000 per annum + car, bonus, pension, healthcare
Gleeson Recruitment Group have been retained by this international pharmaceutical client for the appointment of a Finance Director. This opportunity is suited to an experienced Financial Director / Head of Finance with a passion and energy in both building and developing teams to support the long-term direction and growth of the business
Reporting to the Managing Director and sitting within the senior leadership team
The successful Financial Director will be working for a well-respected pharma in the heart of the Thames Valley. The business is truly established, innovative and award winning with an excellent service and delivery reputation. The culture is collaborative flexible and hard working. The successful candidate will ensure the business operates within a framework of robust financial controls, procedures and policies. You will also be responsible for adding commercial value and providing insightful analysis to aid decision making.
This is a great opportunity to work with a business that has been through a recent transformation and transition and you will be involved in some very exciting projects over the next 24 months. You will be a fully qualified Accountant and have operated within a larger SME environment within the pharma / medical or regulated sector. You will have management experience, ideally also including responsibility for non-finance team.
You will have real autonomy to make this role your own and to manage the team to deliver the financial objectives set. As the Head of Finance, you will be on the senior management team and will work closely with a very talented and ambitious MD.
Main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Team management (15 FTE) and development
- Full understanding of company profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Operational responsibility for a range of activity including IT, Corporate Governance and Company Secretarial duties
- Maintain robust internal control environment
- The delivery of management and statutory reporting, including analysis and supporting information
- Managing the team to ensure all deadlines are met, accounts and reports are accurate and statutory obligations adhered to
As the Finance Director you will have a track record of success and achievement in a senior finance capacity; be forward thinking, hands on and currently operating as a Financial Controller, Head of Finance, Senior Financial Controller. You will be / possess:
- A fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Proven management and team development skills
- Strong commercial acumen and demonstrable passion with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of the Pharma / Medical / Regulated sector is essential
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Director:
- Base salary range (DoE) of £90,000 - £110,000
- Car allowance