Coventry, West Midlands
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + 15% Bonus
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a PLC in Coventry to recruit a Financial Controls Manager. The role will lead a team to ensure the internal control framework is in place and compliance with best practice and relevant legislation.
The role will report directly into the Finance Director and needs a strong character who is not only able to challenge, but also influence key decision makers and provide accurate insight
The organisation has not been affected by COVID and is very much business as usual, however, they are now all home based and happy for the Financial Controls Manager to travel into the office a day or two a week. With a Finance team of circa 50 heads, there are plenty of opportunities to develop internally across reporting, business partnering and management accounting. Work life balance is important and they are happy to offer flexibility.
The right person for the role will need to be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with experience in a regulatory or operational controls focused role, with excellent knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and line management exposure.
ackage on offer is upto £70,000 + 15% Bonus, double matched pension and private medical.
Financial Controls Manager Responsibilities include:
* Leading, managing, and developing a team responsible for ensuring key Financial and Regulatory processes operate under a robust controls framework, responding to internal requirements and evolving external regulation.
* Providing insight and driving best practice within the controls and compliance framework including ownership and delivery of the annual review and testing plans.
* Continuously reviewing and assessing the controls framework to ensure it remains appropriate and fit for purpose for the organisation.
* Acting as an interface across the function lines and the Service Provider(s) to ensure linkages with end to end business process controls and internal and external compliance frameworks
* Working closely with our IT function to ensure the controls associated with our financial systems are properly maintained and operated in support of the broader financial controls framework.
* Leading the interface with our external auditor to ensure the business continues to deliver to audit requirements and that implementation of audit points is carried out by process owners and control owners.
* Consulting with the Process Owners and Control owners and any external Service Provider(s) to identify ongoing assurance requirements and ensure all relevant documentation is kept up to date and maintained to an appropriate standard