Financial Controller, Payments & Treasury - Circa £110,000/£130,000 + Executive Package - London or Sheffield
My large blue-chip, London based client is looking for a Financial Controller, Payments & Treasury to join their team. Reporting directly to the business unit MD, this role sits on the Senior Leadership Team and is focused on managing a large transnational finance team and delivering treasury transformation across a sizeable business unit.
Delivery - Financial Controller, Payments & Treasury
- Drive and maintain the business strategy for payments within division.
- Lead and empower the team to deliver year on year improved performance based on financial/people metrics
- Lead and manage the Finance, Treasury and Treasury Remediation operations to deliver a continually improving service
- To lead and motivate large groups of transnational finance heads through a period of change.
- To work collaboratively with your peer group to manage, asses and mitigate any business risks
- Develop and implement effective operational strategies and financial controls to ensure best use of systems, technology and people, that is compliant with current accounting standards and regulations pertaining to the pensions industry.
- Manage resources to maximise efficiency and control costs, exceeding client expectations whilst meeting business plan targets
Accountability's - Financial Controller, Payments & Treasury
- Leading a diverse division of multiple business streams and managing performance of the business areas and respective business leads
- Accountable for divisional regulatory compliance
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Support and drive the creation of a highly engaged workforce
- Financial budget and year on year performance
- Working with the Head of Pensions to develop and deliver the agreed short, medium and long-term goals and associated business plans, including Treasury Management and Payroll teams
- Maximising opportunities for revenue generation and effective cost control
- Leading the various Accounts and Payroll teams across the business
- Maintain a robust governance infrastructure that effectively mitigates all key business risks engendering a culture of compliance and risk awareness that ensures all regulatory and internal controls are adhered to
Additional Responsibilities - Financial Controller, Payments & Treasury
- Stakeholder engagement with all levels of the division, including Senior Leadership Team
- Employee engagement
- Be a coach and mentor to others managing and monitoring the performance of all teams against the business plan
- Responsibility for the motivation and professional development of all direct reports
- Setting and monitoring performance objectives and key performance indicators
- Accurately interpret all operational and financial MI and translate this into meaningful and concise actions to drive delivery
- Process Improvement
Required Background - Financial Controller, Payments & Treasury
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT Qualified)
- Knowledge of DB and/or DC pension schemes
As this role is private and confidential no additional information can be released until a CV has been received and positively vetted.