Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus
7 months ago
Financial Controller - Birmingham - 70 - 80k & 20% Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group is recruiting for a Financial Controller to join a large international business in Birmingham who are looking to continue their growth in the UK. The role will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will lead a team of 6 and manage the day to day finances for this area of the business.
You will need to be ACA or ACCA Qualified with practice experience and strong technical accounting knowledge including US GAAP, IFRS, and SOX controls. A key requirement will be previous experience within a technical role and to be confident leading a team and interacting with the leadership team. The Financial Controller will need to be hands-on as the business has had a number of challenges integrating new acquisitions and requires a confident accountant to evaluate the current processes and implement improvements.
The CFO has recently joined the business and is eager to drive change. To ensure their vision is successful they need an ambitious FC who is not afraid of a challenge and is keen to develop their career within a large international environment. The day to day is fast-paced and ever-changing and will require someone who can adapt quickly, and is not afraid of a challenging initial period.
Financial Controller Responsibilities:
- Ensuring strong systems of financial governance and controls are in place throughout the Group Continually improve the financial control environment, ensuring all actions and review points from Business Assurance are remediated.
- Direct and control the advance recognition and implementation of changes in IFRS, and provide technical guidance on complex accounting issues and the Group's consolidation reporting systems.
- Accountable for consistent and efficient reporting, systems, and standard operating procedures across the business
- Ownership of group accounting policies including assessment of the impact of new accounting standards Assessment, development and implementation of strong financial controls and governance
- Management of the internal control environment, ensuring its suitability for the company's current and planned public market obligations, and ensuring appropriate policies and controls are in place to deliver business plans.
- Responsible for the preparation of external financial Group reporting and managing the complexities around multi-currency, global entities, and local statutory obligations
- Detailed monthly review of legal entities, working with local financial controllers, ensuring variances are properly explained, accounting policies are adhered to, and consolidate into group financial summary
- Oversight of transactional finance team ensuring robust control measures, timely and accurate delivery to the business, consistently seeking process improvements
Financial Controller Package:
- £70,000 - £80,000
- Bonus up to 20%
- Excellent Pension
- Private Medical