Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a distribution organisation in central Birmingham who are looking for a Financial Controller to join the team.
The company is based in the Jewellery Quarter and did take a slight hit over the past few months, but have already started to see a positive recovery and are close to pre-Covid levels. They are also in a strong financial position with plenty of cash in the bank and the leadership team see this role as crucial to ensure the business is able to return to normality.
This is an excellent opportunity for a ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified Accountant with previous experience as Financial Controller to step into a fast moving SME and own the whole accounting function. The business has a turnover under £10 million and will require a hands on individual who needs to be very adaptable, but also possess the attitude that no job is too small. This FC is going to be the go to person for anything finance related and will own management accounts, support with stat accounts production and build relationships with the operational team.
There is currently a team of three that will report directly into this role who will own a number of the more junior tasks, and they will need a strong leader who can offer continuous development and look to improve processes where possible.
For the right person there is a clear route to Finance Director, and with a supportive Chairman in place this role will take on more and more responsibilities as the FC becomes more comfortable. Previous experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment will be essential with a hands on attitude and previous managerial experience. There is also plenty of commercial aspects to the role and an individual who can "get behind" the numbers and start to look at cost reductions and ways to improve revenue will be thrive in this environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a varied work day and being a big cog in a small machine.
Some of the Financial Controller responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and review with management of monthly Management Accounts pack.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and other meetings as required.
- Managing cash-flow and margin forecasts and reports.
- Stock oversight to include annual (or as required) stock-take processes.
- Provide forecast information to MD/Board for PL payment runs and SL receipts to facilitate a cash flow forecast
- Working with customer services overseeing the provision of daily, weekly and monthly performance data to sales team, MD and Board as required
- Monthly & Year End Fixed Asset reconciliations and monthly depreciation journal
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax and VAT returns and payments and any other Tax returns and submissions.
- Working with Commercial Director and other directors on preparation and submission of annual business plan plus any re-forecasting exercises as required.
Package on offer is up between £60 - 65k + 25 days holiday, pension and Bonus