£60000 - £65000 per annum
6 months ago
Gleeson finance are delighted to be working with this established SME in Rugby, to recruit a commercial Financial Controller. Reporting in to the Managing Director, and with 1 direct report, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the transactional finance, as well as offering commercial and strategic support to the MD and the business. This role will play a key part in ensuring robust controls and processes are implemented as well as contributing to growth.
- Business partner with the Managing Director on all aspects of the business but with particular focus on introducing systems across the business.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and other required information in accordance with group reporting.
- Investigation & explanation of account variances to budget & expectations.
- Supervise and manage the Finance Team.
- Balance sheet reconciliations performed on a monthly basis with reconciling items fully investigated and resolved on a timely basis.
- Manage cash flow.
- Establish and implement financial reporting processes.
- Preparation of Annual Budgets in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- Quarterly VAT reconciliations.
- Report to the Managing Director with timely and accurate financial information.
- Supporting business planning with capex proposals and analyses.
- Ensure KPI requirements are captured and reported as needed to manage performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Challenge and replace established processes and procedures where necessary.
- Dig behind the numbers to understand key trends.
You will be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA), and have prior experience within an SME setting. You will be able to understand contract obligations and have demonstrable evidence of developing and sustaining a customer focused culture. We are looking for a true hands-on business partner, who will thrive on developing and growing the business.
As well as being a key member of a successful company, you will receive a salary of up to C £65,000, flexible working and continuous professional development.
To hear more, please call Sophie Evans, Business Manager, Gleeson Recruitment, on 07812 079718, or apply direct.