Gleeson are delighted to be supporting one of our clients with the search for a Financial Controller. This newly created position will report to the Managing Director to drive communication between finance and the wider business.
My client, a well-known and successful business, has experienced continued growth over the last few years. Their growth, combined with a desire for finance to play a more active role in the direction and commercial decision making of the business, has led to a number of internal opportunities within the department and, in the last few weeks, the creation of a Financial Controller position.
The Financial Controller will quickly become a key support to the board and will take over full responsibility of the finance function including banking relationships. In addition to the motivation and development of that team, the Financial Controller will deliver the following core tasks:
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of the monthly management accounts
- Regular balance sheet and cashflow reviews, ensuring key reconciliations are undertaken
- Development of improved weekly, monthly and annual reporting processes and systems
- Provision of commercial and operational analysis to the board and senior management team
- Preparation of budgets and financial forecasts
- Ownership of the year end process, including liaison with the external auditors
- Undertake key projects as and when required including system implementation
This is a great role that would suit any ambitious and driven qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) Finance Manager or Financial Controller who is looking for the next step in their career. My client has a track record for developing their staff and providing progression opportunities and so it is rare for a role like this to come available on the local market.