£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
5 months ago
I am looking to recruit a Financial Controller for a large and continually growing business in Warwickshire. This is a great opportunity to work with a fantastic Group FD who puts people at the top of her agenda to ensure she gets the best out of them. This is a well-recognised brand who are recruiting due to internal promotion and will offer the successful candidate a breadth of experience and progression.
You will ideally be ACA qualified, have trained in practice and therefore have strong technical accounting knowledge including UK GAAP and IFRS. You will work closely with a very talented Group FD who genuinely enjoys developing people and will allow you the autonomy to manage your team and workload as you see fit.
The successful Financial Controller will be working for a well-respected brand who have won awards for their products. The culture is fun, flexible and hard working. The successful candidate will ensure the UK business operates within a framework of robust financial controls, procedures and policies. You will deal with the regulatory requirements across the Group, as well as risk management and governance. You will also be involved in adding value and providing insightful analysis to aid decision making.
You will also support the Group FD and Executive team in ad hoc projects from time to time and will really enjoying developing and coaching people.
As the Financial Controller you will take full accountability for the numbers as well as get involved with various ad hoc projects.
Main responsibilities of the role are:
- Full understanding of company profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Deliver smooth month-end closing & consolidation process
- Maintain robust internal control environment
- Conduct balance sheet reviews - ledger & reconciliation review / validation and provision review
- The delivery of management and statutory reporting, including analysis and supporting information
- Supporting the Group FD with the co-ordination of the annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and strategic planning processes
- Liaising with external Advisors in relation to audit, taxation and other areas
- Managing the team to ensure all deadlines are met, accounts and reports are accurate and statutory obligations adhered to
- Working with the Group on all statutory reporting requirements
As the successful Financial Controller you will:
- Be a fully qualified Chartered Accountant
- Have experience of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Have strong internal controls and process improvement
- Be an excellent communicator with the genuine ability to interact at all levels
- Have strong team leadership skills
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Group Financial Controller:
- Base salary of £70K - £80K
- Car allowance
- Career progression
- Values driven environment to work in