Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
8 months ago
I have been instructed on an exclusive basis to recruit a Financial Controller for an exciting PE backed business in Birmingham. This is a newly created role and will see you support the Commercial Finance Director with all things technical including M&A activity within their UK wide operation. You will be a fully qualified accountant, have trained in a Top 10 practice and be able to work comfortably in a very fast moving environment.
The ideal candidate will have multi-site experience and will have a high aptitude for technical accounting coupled with strong team management skills. The role of Financial Controller will see you working closely with an extremely talented and highly experienced Commercial Finance Director who retains a sense of humour and level head at all times. This role will also allow the successful candidate exposure to Operations where you will provide financial support and analytical challenge to ensure the organisation achieves the financial targets it has been set.
1st Stage Interviews - Week Commencing 25th May
As the Financial Controller you will be technically astute and will be required to undertake the following:
- Manage and develop a small but well-formed finance team.
- Establish effective relationships with all members of the senior management team to develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and timely delivery of financial reporting.
- Identify and follow risks and opportunities.
- Full understanding of company profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Deliver smooth month-end closing & consolidation process.
- Maintain robust internal control environment.
- Conduct balance sheet reviews - ledger & reconciliation review / validation and provision review.
- The delivery of management and statutory reporting, including analysis and supporting information.
- Supporting the FD with the co-ordination of the annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and strategic planning processes.
- Liaising with external Advisors in relation to audit, taxation and other areas.
- Managing the team to ensure all deadlines are met, accounts and reports are accurate and statutory obligations adhered to.
- M&A projects.
As the successful Financial Controller you will be / have:
- A fully qualified accountant trained in Practice - ACA qualified;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge;
- A strong communicator who is comfortable challenging the status quo;
- Strong team leadership and motivation of people;
- Able to interpret and communicate financial issues to non-finance stakeholders;
- A sense of humour.
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Financial Controller:
- Salary of £60K - £65K
- Car allowance
- Fun, fast paced environment
- Career progression