Willenhall, West Midlands
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + car + bonus
6 months ago
Gleeson are currently recruiting for a Financial controller for a business based in Willenhall. The Financial Controller will have full responsibility for the division who are part of a larger private equity backed group.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the local management team to ensure improved awareness of strategic planning and forecasts
- Preparation of the budget, quarterly forecasts and medium-term strategy
- Ownership and deliver of robust forecasting reports to the Group Finance Director and senior management, with commentary/advise elements.
- Explain complex financial information clearly and accurately to non-finance managers in order to drive financial KPI's and compliance across the business.
- Support the business in controlling and managing the costs within budget thereby ensuring optimum financial performance
- Lead investment appraisal for new business activity
- Act as the finance lead, and add value to all business review meetings, making sure the financial performance is understood.
- Support the development of reporting & tools used to drive functional Key Performance Indicators, aimed at maximising company performance.
- Support the continual improvement of reporting output from controlling team to increase efficiency whilst maintaining/increasing effectiveness.
Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified accountant, either CIMA, ACA or ACCA.
- Be able to demonstrate a management level of responsibility and achievement, ability to support and advise at divisional management level.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft office suite of software applications and ERP systems
- Ability to work on own initiative and develop proactive solutions to business problems.
- People management and leadership skills.
- Project management skills.
- Good commercial skills and awareness.
- Strong Communication Skills