Financial Controller - Solihull- £45 - 55K + 10% Bonus
Are you looking to make a move into a fast paced environment with an organisation that have seen year on year growth? Are you constantly looking to make improvements to processes and enjoy developing, guiding and mentoring a team?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a Utilities organisation in Solihull with the recruitment of a new Financial Controller, who possess the ability to take control of all day to day financial matters for the organisation. The role offers line management experience and will need an individual who is not afraid of driving change within a fast paced environment. This is a great opportunity for an Accountant who is looking to make a first move into Industry or has experience in Financial Accountant, Group Accountant or Financial Controller role previously. The role is not an easy one, and you will be expected to get your hands dirty. The team will need to have their roles redefined and new objectives set.
The organisation are in drastic need of change and require an individual who can really make that happen by improving all processes and ensure reporting is accurate and on time. Being thick skinned is essential combined with an attitude that is adaptability and hands on.
As the Financial Controller in Solihull your responsibilities will include:
- Production of the regular monthly management information
- Presentation of the financial information internally to the Leadership group
- Short term (up to 3 months) Cash flow forecasting and control
- Continual development of the Financial KPIs
- Manage the whole month end closure process; prepare, review and post monthly journals where necessary
- VAT reconciliations / EEC sales lists
- Prepare analysis of financial information for monitoring reports when required
- Manage annual financial audits
- Provide an external interface with banks, auditors and key vendors
- Provide oversight over and financial control of the payroll
- Submit all external reporting/updates
- Review annual contract renewals (business/credit insurance)
- Provide the business with the ability to manage and control the overhead costs.
- Cost accuracy (proactive review, not reactive)
Is the Financial Controller in Solihull role right for me?
The right person for this role will be Qualified ACCA or ACA Qualified with previous experience gained within a fast paced and dynamic environment. With a junior team in place, the incumbent will be seen as a source of information and a mentor with brilliant communications skills and a personality that is considered, fair and transparent. A hands on attitude is essential, with a willingness to be involved in all accounting matters. Day to day responsibilities will include preparing management & statutory accounts, business partnering with the wider business and providing detailed MI to the leadership team.
Financial Controller in Solihull Package:
- £45,000 - £55,000
- 10% Bonus
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday