Up to £65000.00 per annum
8 months ago
I am seeking an accomplished Financial Controller within the industrial/construction industry. This is an opportunity to join the company in a growth phase. Having recently completed an acquisition with more on the horizon, the company are an industry leader. Working towards a greener future, the business makes a huge contribution to the preservation of the natural environment. The goal towards greater sustainability is set to continue and is a highly compelling reason to join the organisation.
As a qualified Accountant, you will lead a transactional finance team, oversee payroll and develop a management accountant towards achieving their qualification. Supporting the Finance Director, you will be capable of all aspects for finance and able to respond to ad hoc tasks.
This is an all-encompassing role responsible for the effective running of the day to day accounting function. You will take a bird's eye view whilst also being attentive to detail ensuring that the team are working to their optimum.
- Leading and managing the Finance team and being responsible for managing and centralising the financial deliverable of the business.
- Ensuring financial controls effectively operate across the business
- Ensuring financial data accurate and consistent across reporting systems.
- Oversee month end procedures in an accurate timely manner, including performing detailed reviews of the Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet together with ad hoc monthly reports whilst providing insight into any reported variances
- Ensuring compliance with internal accounting policies and procedures and compliance with all relevant accounting and reporting standards, delivery of ideas for accounting policies and clear and effective reporting
- Working with and managing third party financial advisors including accountants and auditors
- Working closely with external auditors for all project and Balance Sheet queries under this remit.
As the business grows and evolves so will your career. The role offers great exposure to the owner and works under a highly respected Finance Director.