Financial Controller - Solihull - 55 - 60k & 10% Bonus
I am working with a growing business who due to expansion are now looking for a Financial Controller to join the business. Due to the nature of the role, it will require an individual who has trained in practice and now looking for the next step.
The business are in a period of transition and need hungry individuals who are eager to drive change and looking for a challenging role. As the Financial Controller the purpose will be to support the Leadership team in the areas of statutory reporting, balance sheet reviews, reporting to shareholders, reporting to retail partners and completion of government returns.
Ideally you will have trained in practice before making a move into Industry and now looking for the next step on the ladder. This role will involve managing a team of 3 (1 Qual & 2 PQ) and supporting with the implementation of new processes, business partnering with internal and external contacts and driving cost savings.
Applicants will need to be ACA or ACCA Qualified.
Financial Controller responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the Management accounts are prepared and presented in accordance with applicable accounting standards;
- Ensure that group accounting policies are followed;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the fixed asset register and control of the capital expenditure process ensuring adherence to Group policies;
- Responsible for all inter-company accounts and reconciliations;
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation process and ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner;
- Communicate auditor requirements to other departments and ensure audit deadlines and Group reporting obligations are adhered to.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of monthly accounting information required by the shareholders via Group reporting tools for consolidation according to Group reporting timetable;
- Communicate auditor requirements to other departments and ensure audit deadlines and Group
- Review of other Group reporting requirements, for example, quarterly fixed assets returns and other