£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + car, pension, PHI, bonus
11 months ago
We are supporting the UK subsidiary of a large Engineering Group in finding a Financial Controller to be based in their Burton-on-Trent site. Reporting in to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be paid a salary in the range of £55k-£65k + car allowance, pensions, PHI and bonus.
This is a duel focused position, taking on the normal duties of a Financial Controller in a multi-site £80m turnover division, but also having full responsibility for a 35 head count Shared Service Centre (SSC) Finance team. Leading the SSC Finance team covers Purchasing, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Credit Control, Fleet Management and Central Finance Reporting & Accounting.
In addition, you'll be required to act as a Business Partner to the central cost centre owners helping to prepare forecasts and budgets, analysing results and supporting key initiatives and decisions. Key stakeholders include the CEO, Group Finance Director, Commercial Director, Division MDs, HR Director, IT Director and Operational Directors and Managers. You'll also take a leading role in maximising the value of the function by taking ownership of initiatives such as optimising purchasing opportunities, working capital performance, efficient fleet management and provision of insightful management information to the Business and the Group Finance Director. You'll also support Group Finance and the general audit process.
- Qualified accountant with relevant post-qualification experience
- Previous experience of effectively managing and leading a large finance team in a complex multi-site Business structure
- Experience of change management, preferably including IT projects
- Understanding of a culture of continuous improvement and demonstrating process improvement ability
- A strong team player and leader with high levels of energy, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills