Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller for a large service business based in Cheltenham. This will be a highly challenging and rewarding role that will allow you to put your own stamp on things. The successful Financial Controller will drive the necessary process improvements required to deliver an efficient and accurate finance function that is fit for purpose. This is a great opportunity to get involved in developing and coaching a team and also to be involved in some very exciting projects over the next 12 months.
You will ideally be ACA qualified, have trained in practice and therefore have strong technical accounting knowledge including UK GAAP and IFRS. You will work closely with a very talented and supportive Finance Director who genuinely enjoys developing people and will allow you the autonomy to manage your team and workload as you see fit.
The successful Financial Controller will be working for a well-respected business who have won awards for their products. The culture is fun, flexible and hardworking and you will need to roll your sleeves up at times in order to make the inroads required to deliver the necessary change. The successful candidate will ensure the group operates within a framework of robust financial controls, procedures and policies. You will deal with the regulatory requirements across the Group, as well as risk management and governance. You will also be involved in adding value and providing insightful analysis to aid decision making.
You will also support the Finance Director and Executive team in ad hoc projects and will play a role in developing the annual budget and strategic review processes across the Group alongside the Commercial team.
As the Financial Controller you will take full accountability for the numbers as well as get involved with various ad hoc projects.
Main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Full understanding of company profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Deliver smooth month-end closing & consolidation process
- Maintain robust internal control environment
- Conduct balance sheet reviews - ledger & reconciliation review / validation and provision review
- The delivery of management and statutory reporting, including analysis and supporting information
- Supporting the FD and Commercial team with the co-ordination of the annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and strategic planning processes
- Liaising with external Advisors in relation to audit, taxation and other areas
- Managing and coaching the team to ensure all deadlines are met, accounts and reports are accurate and statutory obligations adhered to
- Working with the Group on all statutory reporting requirements
- Process improvement projects
As the successful Financial Controller you will be:
- A fully qualified Chartered Accountant
- Have experience of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Consolidation experience
- Excellent communication skills with the genuine ability to interact at all levels
- Strong team management skills
- A "bigger picture" thinker
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Financial Controller:
- Base salary of £65K - £75K
- Car allowance
- Career progression
- A fun, friendly and flexible environment to work in