Fabulous newly-created Financial Controller role, for an £25mill TO SME retail/ wholesale business based in Erdington, Birmingham, West Midlands. The business has doubled in size during the past 2 years, and the growth curve is continuing at pace - hence the FD is seeking a strong hands-on qualified Financial Controller to manage the finances and the team, and help shape the business moving forward.
The key responsibilities of the Financial Controller will be:
- Manage the small Finance team, fulfilling all necessary tasks and duties required to a high standard and subject to tight timescales. Develop the team, appraise, train and support.
- Manage working capital ensuring the credit controllers are collecting all cash due, inventory is carefully managed to meet sales orders but we are not overstocked, cash flow forecasts are accurate and timely and AP payments kept as close to terms as feasible. Implement controls, challenge existing practices and be prepared to make changes to working capital management practices.
- Be the Finance Business Partner for the management team, including managing & coordinating regular monthly management information, cost centre reviews, reforecasts, business analysis and annual budgets and forecasts, plus work on regular and ad-hoc business projects with any financial requirements.
- Liaison with key external stakeholders, including Bank, Auditors, Insurers and payroll bureau, providing information as required and managing relationships as necessary.
- Comply with all statutory financial procedures, including PAYE, VAT, Corporation Tax, Audit, Banking submissions and National Statistics returns.
The Financial Controller we are looking for will be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), with proven management experience, and prior experience of managing cash flow & working capital in a SME with external funding. A retail or wholesale background would be highly beneficial, but not essential. We seek a Financial Controller who has strong MS Excel skills, and experience with an ERP system, such as MS Navision/ NAV/ Dynamics or similar.
This is a fast-paced environment, therefore in person you will need to work at pace, be highly organised, and be able to juggle multiple plates at one time; whilst meeting deadlines and building strong trustworthy relationships both internally and externally.
It would also be good to find someone who enjoys system improvements and process improvement.
The package for the successful Financial Controller will be a base salary of between £55,000-£65,000 (dependant on experience), plus bonus, defined contributory pension, and private healthcare. There is also free parking, working in excellent offices which are easily accessible.
If this Financial Controller role in Erdington, Birmingham, West Midlands sounds like your next perfect role, please apply at your earliest convenience, with your most recent CV. We look forward to hearing from you.