£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Bonus
3 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a high-growth manufacturing business in Leicester, who have a global presence and a turnover in excess of £600 million. The products this business manufacture are used in everyday life and as an organisation they have thrived throughout the pandemic and will continue to do so. They are looking to add a new Financial Controller to their ranks; a qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) accountant with proven experience in the manufacturing sector.
This is an excellent position for an experienced Finance Manager looking to take a step up, or a Financial Controller looking for a new challenge. There are genuine progression opportunities within this business, and succession planning will be hot on the agenda in the coming years. There will also be opportunities elsewhere within the group in the long term.
You will manage a team of 3 within the Finance function, so managerial experience is a must.
- To support the finance team to ensure the delivery of business objectives through the provision and interpretation of key management information, including the production of monthly accounts
- To provide quality information and use this to pro-actively challenge and influence local teams
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packs for Senior Executive team
- You will also produce financial KPI's and information on business performance
- When and where necessary you will develop the KPI's to match the drivers required to improve the businesses performance
- You will strive to continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do to support other functions in driving factory efficiencies and reducing site costs.
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) is required
- Manufacturing accounting experience is a necessity
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Interpretation of standard costings and variances
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working