Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be partnered with an fantastic not for profit, renowned for delivering exceptional community projects in Birmingham. They are looking for a Financial Controller to join them and support in their efforts to ensure individual communities have the provisions to make a difference, whether that be social change, environmental or economical. This role is ideal for someone who has robust accounting skills alongside a curiosity, empathy and kindness. It is not essential in this Financial Controller role to have experience in the charity sector, there is an need for commercial acumen, focus on detail, and ability to communicate finance information to non finance colleagues.
What's On Offer
- Package 50,000 - 60,000
- Hybrid working
- 8% pension
- Health plan and EAP
- Fantastic opportunities to make a real difference in the community
- A positive, inclusive and energetic working culture
As Financial Controller you will be responsible for the following:
- You will be the finance expert supporting the organisational leadership and management teams to monitor financial performance in their area.
- Overseeing well integrated, organisational wide annual and multi-year planning and budgeting processes,including the modelling of financial scenarios
- Acting as the guardian of best practice for financial governance, legal compliance and risk management in relation to fundingand project management
- You will have an understanding of the vat and tax complexities that exist for charities with trading subsidiaries
- Supporting decision making and performance monitoring through the provision and further developmentof appropriate and timely management information
- Overseeing legal, governance and other external professional relationships relating to the finance function
- Responsibility for governance processes including presenting Board papers detailing financial information, governance and operational information for review and discussion by the Board of Trustees at regular Trustee meetings
- Lead on the budgeting and business planning cycles within the organisation
- Lead on the continuous improvement of financial and business processes
- Oversee preparation of Annual Accounts through liaison with Auditors, ensuring statutory financial responsibilities and reporting requirements are met in a timely manner
- Lead on the preparation of The Trustees' Annual Report
The ideal candidate for this role will have:·
- A recognised qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience of presenting financial information at Board level.
- Advanced Excel skills including v-look ups, pivot tables, data validation, conditional formatting, index and match
- Experience of overseeing the preparation of monthly management information and statutory accounting including group-wide annual and multi-year planning and budgeting processes and modelling of financial scenarios.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, achieve targets and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communicator with ability to build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!