Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in an exclusive partnership with this growing SME business to recruit a Financial Controller. As a brand new role due to growth, this is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in commercial projects such as new acquisitions, streamlining and implementing processes and supporting the Directors across the group.
Reporting into the Finance Director, you will play a key part within the finance team, delivering accurate accounts for 2 businesses within the group, including reporting, variance analysis and commentary to support business growth.
- Finance partnering with MD's to help support more informed decision making across the business.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts, including cash flow and working capital management; with supporting commentary.
- Supporting the Finance Director in completing internal and external audit processes.
- There will be scope to be involved in additional project work as it arises.
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Head up the statutory audit process for two businesses and preparation of multi-currency consolidated statutory group accounts, integrating any newly acquired businesses.
- Preparation of financial statements (P&L and Balance Sheet focus) together with relevant variance analysis.
- Pro-actively participate in planning sessions.
- Implement financial governance and controls to instil strong control environment.
- Oversee the processing of the accounts receivable and payable, with responsibility for timely cash collections and effective payment management.
- Oversee the processing of monthly VAT and all HMRC interaction.
- Integrate future acquired businesses into the month end process and assist finance director with acquisition accounting.
- Support the business with continuous improvement initiatives on controls and procedures.
- This is a stand alone role with no direct reports.
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified, ideally minimum 3 years post qualified.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- A positive can do attitude to work, with good problem solving skills is essential to succeed in this role.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and good experience in financial modelling.
- A confident communicator who can develop relationships across all business functions.
- Experience within an SME setting would be advantageous.
- You will be an ambitious and motivated leader, who can work autonomously and make an instant impact.
- £65,000 - £70,000 salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Remote working position with flexible hours, with occasional travel to sites in London, Leeds and Dublin.
- 25 days annual leave
- Fast track career progression as the business grows!
Want to hear more? Please apply direct, or call Sophie Evans, Gleeson Recruitment, on 07812 079718.