£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + plus bonus
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a high-growth service based business in Worcestershire, who are on the lookout for a Financial Controller. This business has an excellent working culture and will provide you with the opportunity to work in partnership with a number of well-known businesses, providing a service which really does give back to the community.
You will work closely with the Finance Lead, with excellent potential to step into their position in the future, with more senior responsibilities being drip fed to you in the next 2 years.
You will oversee the financial operations within the group, ensuring the accuracy, safeguard and timeliness of financial information, whilst supporting with commercial advice to drive and support change within the business. You will ensure all financial systems and controls are strong and statutorily compliant and working together harmoniously.
The role requires a practice trained accountant, who has moved into industry into a commercially focused position.
There is also significant flexibility in the role, with only 5 or 6 days a month required in the office.
- Providing timely, accurate and meaningful financial reports
- Promoting and monitoring best practice in financial management, including all systems and processes
- Responsible for Corporate Reporting
- Highly efficient cash management across all entities within the group
- Responsibility for technical accounting and statutory compliance
- Responsibility for HMRC submissions
- Improving the control environment through effective use of business systems
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) is required
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proven payroll management experience
- Strong technical financial accounting experience
- Good multi-stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Strong cash management experience