Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000 - £70000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be exclusively supporting an industry leading and globally recognised business with the search for a Financial Controller, based out of Birmingham.
Overview - Financial Controller
The Financial Controller will work closely with the Finance Director in leading the day-to-day running of the Finance department. The role will encompass taking ownership of financial controls, overseeing the audit process and being responsible for all statutory reporting requirements.
Manage & support the local accounting teams in producing monthly / year-end accounts Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded & reported Review monthly / year-end figures
Manage the ongoing control framework within the team and ensure that controls remain appropriate Support the year-end reporting & audit process (group & statutory)
Manage the legal entity financial reporting & taxation obligations Working with internal/external/tax auditors, consultants & other service providers Ensuring accounting treatment is compliant with statutory requirements & IFRS Lead, develop and retain strong finance & accounting teams
Drive improvements and efficiencies and raise financial awareness across the business Project work to build business and improve / streamline systems, processes and controls
Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience of managing teams within large complex businesses
- Experience of influencing and engaging with key stakeholders
- Must have a good understanding of relevant IFRS's
- Experience of designing and delivering process improvements required.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a functional team and of providing services to a large multi-site and multi service businesses essential.