Gleeson Recruitment Group are working exclusively in partnership with a well-known UK retailer in the West Midlands, who are looking to add a new Financial Controller to the team, to look after the retail and property divisions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand well-known for their excellent working culture and internal progression. You will have a hybrid working model, with an excellent salary and overall package on top.
This business has gone from strength to strength in recent years and there are no signs of their growth slowing down, which will, in turn, provide you with further potential to grow within the business.
You will manage a small team of qualified and part-qualified finance professionals and have full responsibility for the distribution network, so a background in logistics, supply chain and distribution is a must.
- Responsible for contract management being reported in a timely and accurate manner
- Preparation of periodic budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for timely production of accurate weekly, monthly and year management reporting
- Ensuring there is consistency across the performance review and reporting processes
- Providing support to the general manager and wider business on all financial matters
- Development and leadership to the finance team
- Supporting group initiatives
Requirements for the role:
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is required
- Proven experience of working as a Financial Controller within the retail industry
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Interpretation of standard costings and variances
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures and ways of working