Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000.00 - £80000 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Financial Controller for a very profitable manufacturing business based in Birmingham who are part of a larger Group. This is a great opportunity to get involved in all this commercial as well as using your strong technical skills to ensure the reporting is timely and accurate. As the No 1 Finance person on site you will enjoy developing people and will have a small but well-formed team to support you.
The successful Financial Controller will be working for a very stable and established business who are experts in their field. This role will allow you to drive direct improvements through your actions and will see you operating a very broad remit by interacting across both Operations and at Group level. You will manage an experienced team in the delivery of accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and adequate financial controls.
As the Financial Controller you will take full accountability for the numbers as well as get involved with various commercial "value add" projects. Main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Manage and develop a team of 4 people, to ensure all deadlines are met, accounts and reports are accurate and statutory obligations adhered to.
- Lead the delivery of all forecasting, planning and monthly/weekly/daily reporting requirements for US group, especially focusing on accurate P&L and cash flow forecasts.
- Maintain focus on delivering quarterly financial targets without hindering long term strategic initiatives.
- Review the internal control program and ensure a robust control environment is maintained.
- Ability to manage group stakeholders in a sometimes challenging environment.
- Commercial "value add" projects by business partnering Operations and the shop floor.
As the successful Financial Controller you will have:
- Strong team management skills
- The ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to deliver
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- The ability to meet and establish deadlines
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a changing and sometimes challenging environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Financial Controller:
- Base salary of £70k / £80K
- Car or car allowance
- Career progression