North West England, England
£90000.00 - £110000 per annum + Car, Bonus & Excellent Benefits
about 1 month ago
- Part of a leading UK PLC trading ahead of expectation and set for strong growth
- A number one finance leadership role in an autonomous business unit in the Northwest of England, with a progression route through to Finance Director
About Our Client
Our client is a UK PLC. As a market leading group, they are set for strong growth, and are on track to out-perform expectations again this year. They are well positioned to benefit from UK investment trends. The group operate through a number of complementary businesses, each of which is a specialist in its field, and each business is empowered to react quickly to the needs of their markets. With a very strong cash performance, a balance sheet that has been further strengthened, and a high quality and growing order book, they are well set for growth. This is an opportunity to join a high growth and profitable business unit within one of their largest divisions, which is set to continue trading strongly.
They are an equal opportunity employer. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This is a new and high-profile opportunity for a strategically focused Finance Controller at the Business Unit Head Office in the Northwest of England. This is a critical appointment, as the lead finance person to help drive a progressive finance strategy, championing the use of management information and technology-led solutions to deliver insights and game changing improvements. The aim is to drive a further step change in performance and to maintain an industry leading focus.
You will be working as part of the integrated management team for this business unit. You will be responsible for the entire finance function managing a large portfolio of works and a growing team. You will drive value by being actively involved in all aspects of the business and by close communication and collaboration with other departments. You will be expected to provide senior management with relevant financial information and being part of and informing the decision marking process within the business unit.
It represents a great entry position, with exposure across the group and will be critical to future succession planning into a Finance Director role.
The Successful Applicant
For this new Financial Controller position in the Northwest of England, successful candidates will have/ be
- A graduate calibre qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with significant post qualification experience in leading a finance function
- Experience from a building maintenance, construction or facilities management background preferred
- You must be able to lead and inspire as well as manage people and have the ability to drive a high-performance culture
- Strong IT and digital skills
- A balance of finance skills, with the view as potential FD successor is essential
- Experience of working for a large group, and experience in long-term contracting preferred
- The strength of character to challenge whilst being able to do so in a collegiate and considered manner
They offer a hybrid; flexible working arrangement and adaptable working is a possibility
What's on Offer
A six figure basic salary, car allowance, annual bonus, and other attractive benefits
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.