Walsall, West Midlands
Up to £60000.00 per annum + pension, PHC, bonus
2 months ago
A Sub £5m turnover precision manufacturing firm based in Walsall, are seeking a Qualified Accountant to join them as Financial Controller, with a clear path to Finance Director as the Business executes some planned and extensive acquisition plans, which would see them grow to £100m turnover in around 5 years time. Remuneration on offer is £60,000 salary + pension, Private Health Care and bonus, but this will go up as responsibilities increase through growth of the Business and the role transitions in to a full blown Finance Director.
Initially, part-time hours would be considered, but you would need to transition in to a full time role as the Business grows over the next year or two (and you become Finance Director). Similarly, they are supportive of hiring someone on a full-time basis from the outset. The key will be the individual - you must be a driven, ambitious, talented and entrepreneurial individual who can own the numbers in a Sole Finance position in small Business environment, but cope with growing responsibilities as the Business goes through their growth plan.
Full job description provided on request
Financial Controller - Required experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Degree level academics are desirable
- Manufacturing / Engineering sector experience preferred
- Advanced excel skills but with the ability to simplify not over engineer.
- Strong modelling, business case evaluation and decision support skills with a track record of providing insightful analysis and recommendations.
- Solid technical (statutory accounting) background with attention to detail.
- Ability to summarise information in a meaningful way for stakeholders.
- Ability to work closely with non-financial teams to drive improved performance.
To apply for the Financial Controller position please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to the recruiter (Jamie Carter). We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.