Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with a hugely profitable and established global manufacturing and engineering business in Staffordshire, who are on the lookout for a Financial Controller to lead a business unit, with a turnover in excess of £600 million. There is excellent potential to progress your career within this business, with opportunities both within the UK and internationally.
The role requires a qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) finance professional, who has substantial commercial experience within a manufacturing environment, with plenty of line management experience, who is looking to take their career to the next level.
You will be tasked with driving long-term performance across the divisions, by leading on the development of budgets, forecasts and business plans. You will work closely in partnership with the senior leadership team to define, implement and deliver strategic and operational plans, which generates revenue from multiple manufacturing sites in the UK.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Controller position:
- Delivering expert advice and guidance to the senior leadership team, through the provision of timely and accurate financial information, that supports the decision-making process
- Generating business plans which are in line with strategic and operational objectives of the division
- Monitoring, tracking and driving performance, whilst seeking corrective action where required to ensure delivery of the business plan
- Acting as a Finance Business Partner, in support of the divisional head by developing and driving strategies that support long-term growth of the business
- Developing your team, their skills and their succession plans, whilst managing the Finance team's performance
- Driving the division to maintain all internal and external financial controls, accounting procedures and policies
- Overseeing the performance of financial and regulatory compliance and governance
- Guiding and overseeing the preparation of financial reporting, which includes the development of financial analyses, statements and forecasts
Key requirements for the position:
- You must be either CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- You must have substantial senior commercial finance experience within the manufacturing sector
- Experience of working with SAP
- You must have experience or the ability to work and communicate within a complex matrix organisation
- Proven experience of managing, motivating and leading a team
- Experience of reporting into a group function