£70000.00 - £75000 per annum
29 days ago
Gleeson are now working with a UK wide business who have one of the most compelling success stories over the last 20 years. This is a high growth company who started out from very humble beginnings, to now being one of the leading manufacturers across Europe.
This company has a a very strong UK presence within the industry and are committed to delivering the highest quality products to the British public and a high number of world renowned brands.
The role of the Financial Controller
This Financial Controller position is a varied role in a fast-paced environment, the role holder will need to be adaptable, proactive and challenge the site teams.
We are looking for a passionate Financial Controller who wants a challenge, will work well under pressure and will provide the insight into operational activities of the business to help them achieve its objectives.
As a key member of the Site Management Team for Chester, the purpose of the role is:
- To provide timely, accurate and meaningful finance information to the business (site and centre)
- To ensure Financial controls are in place and adhered to, ensure the site is audit ready from a finance perspective
- To support the Site Director in operational improvements & initiatives
- To mentor, develop and train the finance department
- The role will interface with the operations, planning, procurement and site manufacturing teams, ensuring efficient, low cost manufacture of products. There will also be liaison with the commercial teams to ensure that products can be manufactured on a commercial basis.
Skills & Experience required for this Financial Controller
- Qualified Accountant with +3 years post-qualified experience.
- A manufacturing background would be advantageous
- Strong leader able to manage and develop a high performing team
- Reacts well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and financial systems (ERPs: Navision, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Communicates clearly and simply. Confident in challenging people and an expert in influencing stakeholders.
- Self-organized, self-motivated, action oriented and efficient
- Experience of process improvements. Pro-active, takes initiative, actively seeks out improvement opportunities without being asked
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and is able to balance the need for analysis and rigour with speed of action when solving problems