8 months ago
A sub £50m turnover firm, based in Redditch, are seeking a Financial Controller to join their Business on a permanent basis. Reporting directly into the Finance Director, this position will pay a salary in the range of £70,000 to £80,000, plus bonus and share options.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for preparing information on the financial results and direction of the Business, and undertaking analysis to help with strategic financial planning. There will also be a significant operational focus with the need to understand the business drivers. For that reason, we are looking for someone with business partnering skills. The role would also include the possibility of supporting due diligence and providing key assistance with planned acquisitions. The position will have responsibility for leading a Finance team, so strong people management is important.
- Delivery of monthly management and financial accounts.
- Consolidation of monthly and annual accounts
- Close down of years trading, balancing of ledgers, WIP and production of annual Statutory Accounts with Auditors.
- Acting as the liaison for the banks and the external accounting firm
- Understanding and supporting the business on profitable business growth, highlighting opportunities and risks
- Leading the preparation of tax calculations
- Development and strengthening of internal controls
- Profit Summary of contracts and Cash Analysis, which is presented to the Board monthly.
- Control of business systems, providing insight and challenge to fellow senior managers.
- Management of a small team providing guidance and support
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA