Bolton, Greater Manchester
£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working exclusively in partnership with a hugely ambitious, private equity backed, multi-site B2C business in the North West, who are on the lookout for a Financial Controller to join their ever-growing finance function.
This business has had huge investment in the last 12 months and have aggressive growth plans. They are opening new sites around the UK on a monthly basis and have plans to continue to open more, as well as acquiring further businesses to add to the portfolio.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Financial Controller to join a hugely ambitious and entrepreneurial business, manage a team of three and more than double the team in the next 12 months.
You and your team will be responsible for managing weekly, monthly and annual financial reports to strict deadlines, whilst implementing and maintaining strong financial controls, policies and procedures, processing payroll and managing the cash flows of the business.
- Managing and developing the team to produce financial reports on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Developing financial reporting through BI reporting tools, enhancing the service to the business
- Maximising the use of the software packages for accounting and reporting purposes
- Ensuring correct cost, revenue and consolidation accounting in accordance with GAAP
- Managing end-to-end the annual audit and tax filing process
- Work with the Finance Director and management accountant on improved and accurate budget and forecast models
- Assist the Finance Director with M&A work and due diligence
- Integrate acquisitions into the group financial reporting processes, policies and structures
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) is required
- Multi-site B2C accounting experience is a necessity
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and regulations
- Evidence of managing and upskilling your own team
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Interpretation of standard costings and variances