Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + benefits & hybrid-working
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Birmingham in search of a Financial Controller. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded accountant/analyst to lead the management account function of the business. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Financial Controller you will report into the head of the department and is responsible for the following:
- Own the end-to-end accounting function for the group, leading a team of Accountants.
- Oversee all postings for all businesses, including group costs.
- Following an accurate close-down of the period end trial balance produce periodic management accounts, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow for company and for the group for review by executives.
- Oversee the production and distribution of operational profit and loss files and review of these files with Operations teams to improve accuracy of reporting.
- Ensure monthly reconciliations are conducted across all Balance Sheet accounts for each company by the Accountants.
- Ensure that exceptional levels of financial control are maintained.
- Produce or oversee the production of weekly profit and loss and working capital reporting and other sales reporting as required.
- Work closely with the auditors to ensure year end accounts are finalised to a high standard.
- Produce monthly reports on capital expenditure by project and update the fixed asset register on a monthly basis.
- To target efficiency improvements in all processes such that ever-increasing time can be devoted to value added finance work.
- To assist where appropriate within other accounting tasks and respond to reasonable requests concerning financial matters. This will involve multi-skilling to support other members of the team.
The ideal candidate for this Financial Controller role will be fully qualified with either industry experience or have reached at least manager level in practice:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Strong ability to business partner & influence executive stakeholders.
- Experience within management accounts, new projects, costing and group-level decisions.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied accountancy, economics or business at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary up to £65,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!