£70000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + Company Car, Pension and Bonus
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be supporting an established automotive manufacturing brand through a genuinely exciting growth phase. The business in question has an experienced leadership team at the helm and with recent and significant capital investment into resource & capability to drive their business forward, this proves to be a great time to join an inspiring business.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be responsible for the delivery of quality financial reporting and performance analysis, and the maintenance of well organised and disciplined finance operation.
The Financial Controller will play a vital role in a period of transformation for the company with opportunities to support manufacturing and operational leaders across the business on new projects, leading and driving continuous process improvements and have complete ownership on the delivery of tangible and accurate financial information.
The Financial Controller will lead a medium sized team consisting of people with varying levels of experience and thus requiring different levels of support. You will have scope to grow this team as the business expands.
- Forging a strong relationship with key stakeholders including board members, divisional heads and key external relationships (auditors, bankers & solicitors).
- Leading, motivating and developing the finance team.
- Owning the statutory accounts and external audit cycle.
- Developing and maintaining financial controls, including procedures to ensure a robust manufacturing framework.
- Preparing and reporting timely, accurate monthly financial statements with complementary performance analysis which provides real insight.
- Responsibility for budgeting and forecasting including P&L, cashflow and working capital requirements.
- Ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet, including inventory and fixed assets
- Supporting the Finance Director with presentations and reports.
- Contributing to the development and pursuit of strategic finance goals, including through capital allocation and commercial decision making.
- Participation in the ongoing transformation projects including changes to corporate structure and ERP system implementation.
CAPABILITIES & BEHAVIOURS
- Positive and resilient; enjoys a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Pro-active and enthusiastic; an ability to generate ideas and influence change.
- Enjoys learning new things and adapting to change, setting a 'can do' example for the team.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree and professional accountancy qualification.
- Previous experience of line management and team development.
- Knowledge of manufacturing accounting is essential and non-negotiable