Financial Controller - Derby - £70,000 - £80,000 + Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a rapidly expanding supply chain organisation who work directly with some of the UKs leading manufacturing organisations to drive business growth, capital investment and attract new business opportunities. The business Is growing rapidly with ambitious expansion plans which will offer a unique platform for a driven Accountant to progress.
The company are business transformation experts, with over a wealth of industry knowledge and a capable team that cover a broad range of specialisms. As the Financial Controller, you will be directly engaging with the senior leadership team and providing clear recommendations on all financial matters. This is a unique opportunity for a hungry individual to drive change and support the financial strategy for the business in collaboration with the board. This role will also have overall responsibility for the finance, procurement, legal and commercial functions.
Financial Controller in Derby responsibilities:
- As a member of the senior leadership team, contribute to the strategic development of the company for future sustainable growth and success
- Management of the team members, to include monthly 1:1s, formal quarterly reviews against objectives and annual reviews in which the objectives are set
- Control the day-to-day financial operations within the Business
- Responsibility for continuous improvement in the finance team, covering areas such as efficiency and quality of output to ensure that finance is seen as an outstanding support service
- To adapt the activities of the finance team to best support the business operations, including adoption of technology to support that delivery
- Management of team activities to ensure efficient working and the meeting of all reporting timetables in place at that time
- Oversight of all regulatory returns, such as VAT, Corporation Tax and statutory accounts
- Timely communication of finance outputs
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- To manage the day to day contact with external auditors and other advisors, ensuring that all statutory filings are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that the relevant structures, processes and systems evolve pragmatically as the company expands into a broader more complex customer network
- With an ambitious target to double the size of the company in less than 5 years, we would also expect this role to grow to manage the increasing scale and complexity.
The right person for this role will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) that has previously lead finance functions and is comfortable interacting at board level. A strategic thinker who can look at the bigger picture and provided essential financial insight to the leadership team. Previous line management experience will be essential, combined with an approachable demeanour and an attitude that no job is too small. A commercially minded individual is essential and will be key in identifying opportunities to increase revenue and reduce costs.
Financial Controller in Derby package:
- £70,000 - £80,000
- Flexi working hours
- Structured development programmes
The organisation is happy to offer remote working with a 2/3-day split, however, Mondays & Fridays will need to be office based with the flexibility required to work additional days in the office when required.