FINANCIAL CONTROLLER ROLE
Gleeson Recruitment Group are proudly supporting a market leading infrastructure products company based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands with revenue of c.£80m and c.260 employees. The business in question has experienced growth, both organically and through acquisition, with support from a successful FTSE 250 Midlands based parent company.
Reporting directly to the Financial Director, the Financial Controller will be responsible for the delivery of quality financial reporting and performance analysis, and the maintenance of a smooth and disciplined finance operation.
The Financial Controller will play a crucial role in a transformational period for the company with opportunities to support the hive up and integration of a group business, ERP implementation, and potential M&A activity.
The Financial Controller will lead a team of three management accountants, with scope to grow the team further, and will also provide support to a transaction team of seven.
Whilst the role is predominantly based in Wolverhampton, there will be a need to work flexibly including travel to the other sites within in the UK.
- Forging a strong relationship with key stakeholders including board members, divisional heads, the parent company head office and internal & external audit.
- Leading, motivating and developing the management accounts team.
- Owning the statutory accounts and external audit cycle.
- Developing and maintaining the group financial control environment, including procedures to ensure a robust manufacturing and contract accounting framework.
- Preparing and reporting timely, accurate monthly financial statements with complementary performance analysis which provides real insight.
- Responsibility for budgeting and forecasting including P&L, cashflow and working capital requirements.
- Ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet, including inventory, fixed assets and contract accounting provisions.
- Overseeing key accounting judgements under UK GAAP and IFRS standards, including contract accounting, lease accounting and foreign currency hedging.
- Supporting the Finance Director with presentations and reports.
- Contributing to the development and pursuit of strategic finance goals, including through capital allocation and commercial decision making.
- Supporting the group in meeting compliance obligations in respect of employment taxes, indirect taxes and custom declaration obligations.
- Participation in the ongoing transformation projects including changes to corporate structure and ERP system implementation.
CAPABILITIES & BEHAVIOURS
- Positive and resilient; enjoys a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Pro-active and enthusiastic; an ability to generate ideas and influence change.
- Committed to personal growth and development, personally and for colleagues.
- Enjoys learning new things and adapting to change, setting a 'can do' example for the team.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree and professional accountancy qualification.
- Previous experience of line management and team development.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or contract accounting preferable.
- Experience of ERP system implementation welcome, but not essential.