Walsall, West Midlands
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + car + bonus
11 months ago
Gleeson are currently recruiting a Financial Controller for a leading business based in Walsall.
The CFO is now looking for a Financial Controller to lead month-end management accounts production, financial controls, budgeting and forecasting. Being the lead in the business from a financial risk & control, P&L performance management and transaction processing point of view, the Financial Controller will also be the 'go-to' person for acquisition and investment appraisal decision support, including analysing post investment results.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Controller will include:
- Leading month-end management accounting process, with associated analysis, insight and reporting.
- Attendance at monthly Exec meetings to discuss performance and analysis.
- Driving performance through reporting and analysis, including attendance at regional performance reviews with Operations Director and Regional Manager.
- Preparing monthly finance board pack for presentation to Board
- Leading annual budget process, requiring input from regional managers and senior management.
- Leading, developing, and motivating the finance team.
- Leading quarterly re-forecasting process.
- Acquisition appraisal analysis and due diligence lead, including post-investment appraisals.
- Investment analysis / decision making support to Board
- Covenant forecasting and reporting to bank.
- Upkeep of statutory company registers.
- Analysis of risk within the business and implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate.
- Leading annual audit process with external auditor.
- Completion of draft statutory accounts.
- Ad-hoc financial analysis.
The incoming Financial Controller will be a fully qualified Accountant who demonstrates:
- Experience of monthly management accounting and annual statutory accounts production.
- Team management experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commercial/Operational mindset.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
Salary & Benefits
On offer for the Financial Controller will be a competitive salary of £70,000 - £80,000 + car per annum, dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits and a great bonus scheme.