West Midlands, England
£90000.00 - £100000 per annum + Bonus, Car, & Attractive Benefits
28 days ago
A broad Financial Controller role, working for a high growth, private equity backed company in the West Midlands, which has already attracted a highly experienced management team. They have a well-documented market opportunity and ambitious growth plans.
About our Client
Our client is an international, market leading, private equity backed, B2B service provider across both the public and private sectors. The business has grown rapidly and is the market leader in the UK following a series of acquisitions. They are both the largest and longest established company in the UK, in their field. The company will continue to expand and the appetite to invest will provide the opportunity to accelerate their growth, both organically and through acquisitions. Despite their significant growth, their key values have remained the same. They look for people who can deliver and are motivated to make a difference, in an environment where they feel valued, and are genuinely making a positive impact on people and places.
About the Position
As the Financial Controller located at their head office in the West Midlands, this is a key role reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will form part of the finance leadership team, both locally and across the Group.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management and leadership of the financial control environment across the UK company
- Ensure monthly close process and group reporting is robust and runs to schedule
- Daily cash management, cash planning and cash forecasting
- Creation and monitoring of operational KPIs that support the performance of the finance department
- Proactively drive the continuous improvement agenda, and with a focus on efficiency improvements (including automation) to support the growth ambitions of the business
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships across the business
- Support the CFO on the development of cross-business improvement projects
- Preparation of regular and ad-hoc analysis, reporting and presentations for the CFO, group, and external stakeholders
- With future acquisitions you will also be expected to provide expertise in acquisition accounting and integration of acquired companies.
For this high-profile Financial Controller opportunity in the West Midlands, you must be a qualified accountant (preferably ACA, or ACCA) with significant post-qualified experience. Ideally you will have trained in the profession, and now with several years industry experience, including excellent team leadership experience.
- A successful track record in establishing high performing finance teams within a dynamic and commercial environment will be important.
- Financial Controller or equivalent experience is highly desirable and with a good track record in developing and maintaining a first-class control environment. It will also be important that you can demonstrate robust up-to-date accounting standards knowledge. Prior involvement in acquisition accounting will also be advantageous.
- You must be comfortable leading change and capable of influencing at all levels and be able to build strong relationships based on integrity, trust, and respected financial judgement.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines, whilst still promoting a culture of continuous improvement will be important, and an understanding of what a best-in-class finance function looks like.
- The ability to operate and navigate the matrix structure between UK & Group Finance and Operational Management and operate across the wider Group finance function.
- Must possess excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the confidence to express opinions clearly, and the ability to translate complex financial matters in a concise and meaningful way.
What's on Offer
c. £100K Basic Salary, Bonus, Car Allowance and Attractive Benefits
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.