€70000 - €80000 per annum + Bonus
2 months ago
Financial Controller - Dusseldorf - €70,000 - €80,000 + Benefits
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting an International IT organisation to recruit a Financial Controller who will take on all accounting responsibility for their rapidly growing European division. The role will be remote initially with a future presence in Dusseldorf.
The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and organic growth which will provide a unique platform for an ambitious accountant to build a new finance function for the region. Initially this will be a stand-alone role with support from the Canadian head office, however, as the business continues to grow there will be a need to build a team.
As the Financial Controller in Dusseldorf the daily responsibilities will include:
- Perform regular daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting related activities for German entity including recording bank transactions and payroll activity
- Creating journal entries,
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations,
- Evaluating data integrity and analysing results
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with HGB/German GAAP and coordination of statutory audit, as required.
- Responsible for German Sales Tax compliance activities which would include monthly VAT filings, reconciliation of the VAT accounts, and correspondence with authorities on VAT matters, such as audits.
- German Income Tax compliance which includes high level determination of provision on a quarterly basis, correspondence with authorities, and reconciliation of tax accounts.
- Assist with audit, tax or other compliance activities pertaining to other European entities.
- Assist with transfer pricing between the German entity and international entities, as necessary
- Coordinate and prepare audit and tax work papers, document and perform Sarbanes-Oxley internal control procedures as well as meet other regulatory requirements, ensuring compliance with Company financial policies
- Develop and maintain knowledge of various financial and reporting systems
- Identify and implement improvements to accounting processes
- Other tasks, projects and ad hoc research as assigned by the Director of International Accounting.
Is the Financial Controller the right role for me:
This role would suit an ambitious accountant who has demonstrable experience in a fast paced and hands on environment and an excellent understanding of German tax requirements. Due to the nature of the role it will need an Accountant who is a self-starter and confident identifying processes and where improvements can be made.
Package available is up to €80,000 + benefits.