Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus
about 1 month ago
Financial Controller - Birmingham - 70k - 75k + Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a well-known organisation in Birmingham who are looking for a Financial Controller to support their continued growth and develop the groups policies and procedures and oversee group reporting.
This business has grown year on year through acquisitions and organic growth and have no plans to slow down. The business is continuously looking for opportunities to acquire more. The environment is fast paced and ever changing and will suit an Accountant who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, is comfortable engaging with Directors on a daily basis, has a strong work ethic and an eagerness to progress.
This is a great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA) who enjoys a technical role with experience of consolidations.
The Financial Controller is a standalone role initially but as things continue to progress there will be a need to develop a team in the future - The FD is available to provide support as and when required. Some of the day to will also include:
- Review ledgers and quarterly management accounts
- Perform initial update of quarterly investment valuation models, prior to Finance Director review
- Calculating quarterly management and annual performance fees
- Preparing annual and interim statutory accounts
- Maintaining the day-to-day relationship with external audit team
- Reviewing payment runs and monthly bank reconciliations
- Overseeing of quarterly non-executive director payroll process
- Assisting with the prep of annual fund budgets
- Reconciling dividend funding requests to internal data sources
- Preparing and assisting with ad hoc reporting
- Assisting with the fundraising process
- Assisting with preparation of materials for board meetings
The right person for the Financial Controller in Birmingham will be:
An ACA Qualification will be essential for this role combined with experience in practice (top 10) and a knowledge of consolidations and IFRS accounting standards - This is a standalone role which will need someone who is confident at this level but also possess a "no job is too small" attitude.
In return the business can offer experience that will progress this individual into a leadership role in the future. The management team have high expectations, and in return will offer continuous progression opportunities across the group. The business is growing and needs an Accountant who can grow with them - can add value in not only their day job but is willing to go above and beyond to support the wider team.
Individuals making a first move into Industry at Senior Manager level from practice will also be considered.
Financial Controller Package
- £70,000 - £75,000
- upto 20% Bonus
- 25 Days Holiday