£70000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus
3 months ago
Gleeson RG are exclusively working with a highly acquisitive Logistics Business that has been on an impressive growth journey in the last 2 years. The role will be based in Spalding for an initial 12 month period before transitioning to the head office.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is accurate, timely and in line with UK GAAP and IFRS as appropriate
- Manage the Year end process including all reporting and the audit relationship
- Preparation of statutory accounts packs for all legal entities, ensuring the packs meet with relevant legal and accounting requirements and are consistent in approach with wider Group.
- Manage the delivery of month end reporting requirements to group and continue to build proactive group relationship
- Act as the key point of contact for group reporting, consolidation and submission of both actuals and forecasts/budgets
- Oversee the production and distribution of weekly 'Flash' reporting
- Act as champion and lead to ensure compliance with group control policies and frame work.
- Formally review all Balance Sheet reconciliations each month
- Own all banking and payments (incl. control) systems and processes
- Manage and develop a team of qualified and part qualified accountants
- Proactively review systems processes and procedures, recommending and implementing improvements to further improve speed/ quality/ cost to serve
- Provide business partnering support to central functions including forecasting and budgeting
- Formally review the VAT, Tax, National Statistics and PSA returns ensuring that they are submitted accurately and on time
- Ensure department is kept informed of industry developments which are relevant to the operation of an efficient finance function
- Fully Qualified (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
- FMCG/logistics background is preferable
- Ability to coach/mentor
- Ability to engage with all levels within the business
Up to £80,000 + Package