Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus
4 months ago
Group Financial Controller - Birmingham - 65k - 80k + Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a well-known service provider in Birmingham who are looking for a Financial Controller to support their continued growth and develop the groups policies and procedures and oversee group reporting.
The environment is fast paced and ever changing and will suit an Accountant who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, is comfortable engaging with Directors on a daily basis, has a strong work ethic and an eagerness to progress.
This is a great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA) who enjoys a technical role and is looking to step into an Finance Director role in the future within a PE backed environment.
The Financial Controller responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of IFRS accounting papers at each year end
- Exercising tight control over the group's year end audit process ensure it runs efficiently and in line with agreed timetables
- Leading a team of ten transactional staff
- Supporting M&A activity
- Developing the group's reporting software to efficiently streamline the monthly and annual reporting process in all territories
- Consolidating all group monthly management accounts and challenging results where necessary
- Reporting monthly consolidated results to external stakeholders, including shareholders and the banking syndicate
- Ad hoc projects
The right person for the Financial Controller in Birmingham will be:
An ACA or ACCA Qualification will be essential for this role with experience gained within a practice (top 10).
In return the business can offer experience that will progress this individual into a leadership role in the future. The management team have high expectations, and in return will offer continuous progression opportunities with a step up to Finance Director in the future. The business is growing and needs an Accountant who can grow with them - can add value in not only their day job but is willing to go above and beyond to support the wider team.
Individuals making a first move into Industry at a Manager or Senior Manager level from practice will also be considered.
Financial Controller in Birmingham Package
- £65,000 - £80,000
- 25 Days Holiday