Gleeson Recruitment Group are working exclusively for a large manufacturing business to appoint a Finance Manager at their site in Bridgend. This is a fantastic role for an ambitious, fully qualified Accountant who is looking for their next career step. This is a highly autonomous role, and will see you working for an effective Finance Director who will allow you to drive things as you see fit but will also be there to support when needed.
This role will be working very closely with the Operations Director and Group Finance and will therefore require someone with excellent communication and relationship building skills. The successful candidate will really enjoys getting under the skin of what drives their business area and will provide critical insight into all aspect of financial performance as well as drive business objectives.
The role of Finance Manager is seen as a key development position within this part of the business and will suit someone who is looking for a real "value add" role where you will see the impact of what you do in both the short and long term.
The successful Finance Manager will be working for a well-known brand who offer career progression, mentorship and a first class benefits package. The company also offer a tremendous working environment that has a supportive culture and encourages their people to reach their full potential. You will have a proactive nature and the ability to engage credibly across all areas. You will have a highly experienced Finance Director to learn from who has real drive, enthusiasm and who thoroughly enjoys developing people.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Act as a Finance Business Partner to the Operations Director to provide critical insight into all aspects of financial performance in order to drive business objectives.
- To lead business planning and reporting cycles in line with Group reporting requirements
- Responsible for the provision of accurate and timely accounting information as well as producing and reviewing the monthly accounts in conjunction with HQ
- Lead the process for balance sheet reviews, controls, provisions and reconciliations with support from HQ.
- Ownership and maintenance of the commercial forecast and budget model
- Preparation and presentation of core MI packs
- Support the FD and Operations Director in the delivery of KPI targets by identifying trends, insights and opportunities
- Ensure compliance to Group policies, processes and procedures to ensure effectiveness
- Chair, lead and coordinate cross-functional teams to resolve any key financial risks or issues that arise
- Involvement in ad hoc financial projects
As the successful Finance Manager you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience within Manufacturing or Construction would be useful but not essential
- String business partnering capability
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to engage with both finance and operations across all levels
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Operations Finance Manager:
- Base salary £55k / £65k
- Generous car allowance
- Family Healthcare
- Career progression and development