Birmingham, West Midlands
£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + + benefits
28 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a specialist SME manufacturing business based near Aston, Birmingham in search for a Financial Controller. Established for some time, they continue to grow and are now planning further expansion.
To strengthen the business, they are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Financial Controller. This is a number one finance role reporting directly to the MD and supporting the board of directors you will take full responsibility for leading and developing the finance function/team.
As Financial Controller your duties will include:
- Assisting the MD with the day to day running of the business
- Contribute to the company strategy and guidance to the board
- Manage a finance team of 2, setting KPI's, departmental objectives and targets
- Develop the financial understanding of the products and contracts within the business
- Oversee management of company cash flow
- Budgets, forecasting and management information in close collaboration with the MD
- Management of AP, AR and payroll
- Managing the sage finance system
The role would suit a person with SME experience preferably within manufacturing / engineering. The successful candidate will either be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or qualified-by-experience with exposure to a similar kind of business.
You will be a team player who is open-minded, energised and is able to see the bigger picture. A confident, approachable person who is enthusiastic with the ability to drill down into information and make sense of it. Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind.
The position would offer growth and the opportunity to join the board of directors. Sound of interest...? Click apply to organise a conversation!