Birmingham, West Midlands
£70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus
5 months ago
Financial Controller in Birmingham - 70 - 75k + Bonus
Gleeson Recruitment Group is supporting a service provider in Birmingham who are looking for a Financial Controller to assume full accountability for the financial control environment, manage the financial control team, and lead on the financial transformation projects across all departments within finance.
The organisation is located in Central Birmingham which is easily accessible by car or train and will offer an individual with a practice background an opportunity to take the next step in their career within a large International business who are well known for providing a flexible working environment and opportunities for progression for high achievers.
The role will suit somebody who has trained within practice and is keen to make the first move into Industry or has already made the move and is now looking to take on a new challenge. The role is a good match for somebody who is keen to constantly evaluate the performance of controls and processes, manage a team to ensure timely production and detailed review of all financial control assessments, provide advice and guidance to the business, finance, and other areas of the group.
A strong understanding of IFRS, US Gaap & SOX will be an advantage but not essential, however, an ability to lead from the front on a variety of projects and a willingness to actively drive change within the finance department is.
Financial Controller Responsibilities:
- Managing the Financial Control team to ensure timely production and detailed review of all financial control assessments.
- Responsible for the internal control environment
- Constantly evaluating the performance of controls and processes, identifying improvements, and implementing action plans across all departments within finance.
- Organising the day to day running of the Financial Control team, ensuring your team's objectives are achieved, and providing clear direction and support for team members.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of the quarterly group submissions for all UK entities.
- Managing the relationship with both internal and external auditors.
Financial Controller in Birmingham package:
- £70,000 - £75,000
- Excellent Pension
- Private Medical