West Midlands, England
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a national retail business to find their next Financial Control Manager. The company is a household name in the UK and you will be joining a growing team with lots of opportunity for future career progression. As part of a wider group, you will have the support and backing of a large corporation behind you, whilst working in a close knit team.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Advising on financial reporting issues, year end processes, dealing with external auditors and the production of year end statutory accounts. This requires knowledge of both IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Controlling the integrity of balance sheets and journals, ensuring that balance sheet reconciliations are accurate and timely, and that the balance sheet framework is well communicated to the business and Group Best Practice is adhered to.
- Managing task and the development of the financial accountant.
- Focused on solutions, constantly working to ensure that all statutory submissions are on time, accurate and compliant.
- Calculate major provisions, review the calculation of all other provision.
- Financial reporting to the wider Group, which requires working across company boundaries and systems.
- Actively engage with senior staff to gain a good understanding of the business.
- Ad-hoc project work to support senior management.
- Staying up to date with changes to UK GAAP and IFRS financial reporting frameworks
To be succesful in this role, you'll need to demonstrate:
- Adept at multi-tasking and being able to work to your own initiative
- Excellent teamwork skills with top notch communication
- Work efficiently towards deadlines and under pressure
- Knowledge of balance sheet control and internal audit controls process
- A strong analytical mindset with a technical accounting background
- ACA qualified or similar
- At least 3 years PQE
- Experience in financial reporting and controls