£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + + benefits
11 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Warwick in search of an Financial Control Accountant. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded financial accountant to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Financial Control Accountant you will report into the head of the department and will be responsible for the following:
- Working with the process owners, control owners and external stakeholders to identify ongoing assurance issues
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is kept up to date and maintained to an appropriate standard
- Performing a detailed and accurate review of monthly reports produced on all activities which impact on compliance
- Interfacing with external auditors to ensure the smooth completion of the annual audit programme
- Making sure that relevant teams understand control points raised by either yourself or our external auditors
- Liase with the team to ensure appropriate control action is implemented to close control weaknesses identified within an agreed timeframe
- Identifying and promoting best practice and communicating where process improvements can be made, both within the team and in the wider business
- Be mindful of any changing requirements in legislation and external standards and highlighting these to controls and compliance team stakeholders for onward communication and consideration
The ideal candidate for this Financial Control Accountant position will be a qualified and looking to make a move from external audit:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ICAS.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience within new projects.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied accountancy at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary of £45,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!