As a Financial Business Partner to this key sector you will provide commercial and financial support to the Managing Director (South East) and regional team, and will be the interface between the regional team and the Group Support function.
This person will be a completer finisher, have a clear logical thought process, and be able to interpret complex information and present in a clear and easy to understand format, possess strong IT skills, is able to work under pressure and without supervision, meet tight deadlines, can challenge inconsistencies and variances, and be a good communicator at Director / Board level.
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with the Managing Director and regional team
- Be the primary interface between the regional team and other Group Support functions
- Review of financial and non-financial KPIs with focus on challenging regional management teams on budgetary and comparator variances
- Reporting of key financial information on business performance to regional teams and provide advice and support to so that their knowledge and understanding is enhanced
- Preparation and interpretation of financial analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies, as well as improving operational / financial performance of your region
- Providing support to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered
- Attendance and taking the lead on the financial and commercial aspects at regional meetings, Managing Director reviews and quarterly leadership meetings
- Leading the preparation and review of the annual budget for your regions
- Drive continual improvement within finance function
- Provide support in corporate initiatives / projects.
Key requirements & Other:
- ACA, CIMA, ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Previous Finance Business Partnering experience with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workloads, be organised, have a flexible working style and enjoy working to tight deadlines
- Excellent communicator and presentation skills, both verbally and in writing
- Possess a problem solving, analytical mindset with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work with and model using large datasets / Advanced Excel / Powerpoint
Working Locations: South East (40%), West Midlands (30%), Home Working (30%)
- 25 days annual leave
- Sick Pay
- Life Assurance
- Bonus Scheme