Financial Analyst / Data Analyst
£45,000 - £50,000 + annual bonus + pension + health care
Mainly working from home, with some travel to the Bracknell Office when needed
Our client is a highly reputable, friendly and supportive business, who operate throughout the UK and Ireland, are seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to support the wider finance team within a newly created Financial Analyst role. You must have a strong analytical background and have strong modelling/data skills.
You will play a significant role in the finance team, actively supporting the business in making sound decisions & forecasts. You will take ownership of a variety of business areas, employing strong data analytical and forecasting skills. You will also have continuous improvement principles to develop systems, processes & people - a focus on quality output.
Your responsibilities as the Financial Analyst will include:
- Ownership and ongoing development of monthly and intra-monthly originations forecasts (new business and pipeline)
- Analysis of costs for designated operational areas (e.g. Sales & Marketing, IT, Operations) providing monthly commentary and linking into forecasts
- Ownership of quarterly forecasts, annual budget and strategic (5 year) plan for designated operational areas
- Support analysis and forecasting of various revenues and net interest margin for parent company & special purpose vehicles
- Contribute to preparation of Board and other Management Information packs
- Support other Finance teams (i.e. Product Control, Financial Control) in the delivery of the wider Finance deliverables
- Provide modelling support for the business as required (e.g. new product pricing, cost saving initiatives)
- Support the business with both internal and external data requests e.g. shareholder, regulatory bodies
- Maintain a good knowledge of the company's business & performance through informal and formal networks
- Take ownership of own personal development
- Practical experience within a busy financial management function
- Part Qualified accountant or Qualified by experience, along with strong practical accounting experience
- First class analytical skills: flexible thinking when mining "big data", and experience of appropriate tools
- Strong presentation skills, with ability to tailor to individual recipients
- Detail-oriented to ensure quality, but with the ability to summarise key points for senior management
- Excel modelling skills with advanced formulae, backed by strong conceptual thinking; coding skills an advantage
- Works with a structured approach to deliver within tight time lines, with a "right first time" attitude
Please do contact me for further details on this superb role. At present they are working fully remotely but may well operate back in the office maybe 1 day per month in the future. Our client can offer long-term career progression and a great opportunity for long term stability and job satisfaction!